Yoga in JCPenney

Yoga in JCPenney
Billboard in JCPenney

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yoga Tunes

Picking music can be a little tricky especially since you have a class with varied musical interests and it’s not a dance class. I tried to choose music that represents my style and that everyone else could relate to. Check out my Yoga playlist:

1. Let Go – Frou Frou
2. Mausam Escape- AR Rahman (Slumdog Millionaire)
3. Lebanese Blonde- Thievery Corporation
4. To Zion- Lauryn Hill
5. Paper Planes- M.I.A.
6. Track 7- I have no idea what this song is or who the artist is. It’s a mystery song that ended up on my computer.
7. Digital Love- Daft Punk
8. You Rock My World- Michael Jackson
9. The Way You Make Me Feel- Michael Jackson
10. Man in the Mirror- Michael Jackson
11. How Come You Don’t Call Me Anymore- Prince
12. Breathe Me- Sia
13. In the Waiting Line- Zero 7
14. Pachad- Yael Naim

I’m a big fan of the Garden State Soundtrack, which is where I first heard “Let Go”, “Lebanese Blonde”, and “In the Waiting Line”. It’s very chill and easy listening soundtrack. I also love Miss Lauryn Hill. I’ve been waiting for over 10 years now for her next album and still nothing. She’s an amazing talent- singer, song-writer, rapper, and actress. Hip-hop dance is what introduced me to Daft Punk. They’re actually considered house music with tehno beats, but in a less annoying techno way. It doesn’t make your head hurt. A few days ago, I watched the Michael Jackson documentary “This is it” movie, which inspired me to include MJ. His music was such a big part of my childhood and learning how to dance. The perfect complement to MJ is Prince of course. Both are so different, yet with similar influence. I used to be a part of the fan club. A couple years ago, I went to his one week tour in Paisley Park (Minnesota) with all of his crazy die-hard fans. The man is beautiful and wears high heels, yet still very masculine. Sadly he didn’t play anything from Purple Rain soundtrack because of his new religion (Jehovah’s Witness), but he lit that stage on fire playing all of his other major hits.

I ended in Savasana with one of my favorite new artists from Israel, Yael Naim. She sings in French, Hebrew, and English. I chose this song because it helps me relax and chill. I have no idea what she’s saying because it’s in Hebrew, but whatever it is, every part of this song speaks my language.

No comments:

Post a Comment